Key Admissions Dates
We are currently accepting applications on a rolling basis for the 2019-20 school year.
For admissions for the 2020-21 school year, we offer two admissions cycles.
This is a great option for siblings of current GEMS students, for families for whom GEMS is the first choice, and for those applying to our key entry years (preschool, junior kindergarten, grades 6 and 9). Students who enroll during Priority Admissions do not pay our one-time new student fee.
- Application Submission Deadline: October 28, 2019
- Application Profile Completion Deadline: December 1, 2019
- Admissions Decision Notification: Week of December 9, 2019
- Admissions Response Due by: January 5, 2020*
The dates for regular admissions are most closely aligned to fellow independent schools in Chicago.
- Application Submission Deadline: January 6, 2020
- Application Profile Completion Deadline: February 16, 2020
- Admissions Decision Notification: Week of February 24, 2020
- Admissions Response Due by: March 16, 2020*
*Signed enrollment agreement and payment of a non-refundable enrollment deposit of 10% of tuition.
Application Procedure & Requirements
All families are required to:
- Submit an application online and pay the application fee. Apply for 2019-20 here and 2020-21 here. Upon applying, you will be provided a checklist to follow on your way to a complete application profile. All applicants are required to:
- Provide historical school records and report cards
- Participate in a parent meeting with Admissions
- Provide teacher recommendation(s)
- Register to participate in an applicant evaluation:
- Preschool-kindergarten: playgroups conducted by our early learning staff
- Grades 1-4: school visit/shadow day and GEMS assessment
- Grades 5-10: school visit/shadow day and ISEE, SSAT, ACT, Aspire, or PSAT scores
- Grades 11-12 Diploma Program: school visit/shadow day and ISEE, SSAT, ACT, Aspire, or PSAT scores, world language assessment (where applicable)
Register for the ISEE HERE.
Our ERB member code is 571100.
Enrollment at GEMS World Academy Chicago is open to children and families of any race, color, religion, sexual orientation, and national or ethnic origin. We seek a diverse student body and family community in support of the mission, vision, and values of the school.