We understand that enrolling a child in GEMS World Academy Chicago is a significant investment. The return is a premier educational experience that includes:
- A highly qualified, innovative faculty
- State-of-the-art technological resources
- An accredited International Baccalaureate academic program
- Unmatched opportunities to share and collaborate with students all over the globe
- Field Studies that make use of the rich cultural and educational resources available in the city of Chicago
Our program is a proven value. Students from GEMS Education schools throughout the world have gone on to attend the very best colleges and universities, including Harvard University, the University of Chicago, Stanford University, the University of Oxford and Trinity College in Dublin.
||UPPER SCHOOL FOUNDATION PROGRAM
|Preschool through kindergarten
|Grades 1 through 5
|Grades 6 and 7
|Grade 8 through 11
- Fees: GEMS World Academy Chicago provides your children with materials and experiences that enrich and enhance the education experience, including lunch, access to cutting-edge technology, books for grades preschool-8, Field Studies, transportation to Field Studies, the grade 8 trip, lab fees and lunch. Basic school supplies (pens, pencils, notebooks, binders) are not included in our fees, nor are books for grades 9 and above. Note: In addition to the fees outlined above, new families pay a one-time fee of $1,000 per student enrolled.
- Upper School Foundation Program: As a celebration of our Upper School opening, we are offering students entering grades 6 and above a $5,000 credit off published tuition, which will remain effective for the duration of the students’ tenure at GWA.
- Sibling Program: Students who have siblings enrolled and are in good standing at GEMS World Academy Chicago are eligible for a 5 percent tuition reduction for the second and subsequent siblings, effective for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Referral Program: For each student referred who gains admission and enrolls, the referring family will receive a one-year, one-time tuition credit of $500 off one student’s tuition, and the referred family will receive a credit of $250.To participate: tell the family you refer to indicate you as a referral, using your full name on the application in the field asking about participation in the referral program. The one-time credit will be applied for the 2019-2020 school year. There is no limit on the number of referrals.
Tuition Refund Insurance
Occasionally, families have to withdraw a child from school before the end of the school year. Here
is a guide that outlines some tuition insurance options that might be available under those circumstances. (Note: Tuition refund insurance is mandatory with some payment plans.)