Application Timeline & Key Dates
We offer two admissions cycles for all grades for fall 2019. Please contact us if you are considering a transfer into the current school year.
We encourage applicants to apply during our Regular Admissions cycle as many grades are likely to reach capacity.
- Application submission: Dec. 31, 2018
- Completion of requirements: Feb. 8, 2019
- Notification: On or before Feb. 22, 2019
- Commitment: On or before March 15, 2019*
After Dec. 31, applications will be accepted based on grade-level availability.
- Application submission & completion of requirements: ongoing until all seats are filled
- Notification: within two weeks of application completion (submitted application and requirements complete)
- Commitment: within two weeks of notification*
*Signed enrollment agreement and payment of a non-refundable enrollment deposit of 10% of tuition.
Application Procedure & Requirements
All families are required to:
- Submit an application online
- Provide the records release form to the applicant's current school
- Provide a birth certificate or passport to verify age
- Attend an admissions event and/or tour the school
- Participate in a parent meeting with Director of Admissions Adriana Mourgelas (or her representative).
- Register to participate in an applicant evaluation
- Preschool-kindergarten: playgroups conducted by our early childhood education staff
- Grades 1-4: shadow day, GEMS assessment for grade 1 and ISEE for grades 2 and above, review of academic records, and teacher recommendations
- Grades 5-10: shadow day, review of academic records and standardized test scores (recent ISEE, SSAT, ACT, Aspire, or PSAT scores), teacher recommendations, and interview with division head (grades 6 and up)
- Grades 11-12 Diploma Program: review of academic records and standardized test scores (recent ISEE, SSAT, ACT, Aspire, or PSAT scores), teacher recommendations, world language assessment (where applicable)
Register for the ISEE HERE.
Our ERB member code is 571100.
Enrollment at GEMS World Academy Chicago is open to children and families of any race, color, religion, sexual orientation, and national or ethnic origin. We seek a diverse student body and family community in support of the mission, vision, and values of the school.